Welcome and Vision
For students to fully immerse themselves in our living, Christian community. We believe in creating a culture where students feel empowered to make ambitious choices, have the confidence to exceed their expectations, are open-minded in their thinking, promote equality for all, and leave Year 13 with the desire and belief that change is possible.
We achieve this through our core values and aims:
- Instilling our belief that everyone has a unique spiritual identity which they are called to fulfil
- Offering a broad curriculum which empowers students to be aspirational and achieve beyond their potential
- Promoting an inclusive environment where diversity is valued and students have the confidence to challenge injustice and stand up for what is right
- Advocating the importance of hard work, resilience and perseverance
- Developing a thirst for knowledge and enthusiasm for learning beyond the classroom
- Fostering an environment in which students are willing to take risks, learn from their mistakes and bring about positive change
- Providing clear guidance on future pathways so that students can
- make informed choices about life beyond Sixth Form
- Offering a wide range of leadership opportunities allowing students t
- o contribute to the whole school community
- Creating an environment in which student wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do, so that students feel supported, listened to and valued
The Saint John Henry Newman Catholic School Sixth Form is a highly successful community of over 450 students that will allow you to build on your previous education in preparation for the next step in your life, whether this is university, an apprenticeship or employment. Our Sixth Form is a vibrant community, buzzing with energy - we share and support your aspirations. We pride ourselves on our very high academic standards, our strong ethos and our commitment to each and every student to create a truly living Christian experience.
We offer many courses both at A-level and BTEC, which cater for a range of choices and abilities that is unrivalled in North Hertfordshire. We welcome students who are committed to achieving their personal best; those whose approach and motivation allows them to use their time well Our Sixth Form is not just about depth, but breadth, and we aim to help you fulfill your potential both spiritually and academically. We hope that you will enjoy and benefit from the wide array of opportunities available to you, whether you are joining us from another school, or continuing your education at The Saint John Henry Newman Catholic School.
The Saint John Henry Newman Sixth Form offers an opportunity for students to continue to work alongside familiar teachers and friends in a caring, supportive and aspirational environment. We welcome applications from students who have completed their GCSEs in other schools in the knowledge that they will be joining a community which pursues excellence and enriches still further our spiritual life.
We run an extensive enrichment program in the Sixth Form, which aims to develop the whole person and make a students Sixth Form experience at The Saint John Henry Newman Catholic School a special one.
Mrs R Davies
Director of Sixth Form